Friday, December 30, 2011

Belated Christmas Arrival


This part of California has had no rain for all of December, but 17 days of below freezing temperatures.  I was so glad this baby was a good size single from older mama.  I had a feeling Christmas night she was going to lamb, she wanted to stay out in the pasture when the rest of the sheep came in, I had to go out and get her to come on in.  This little guy was checking out the hay first day.  Need to keep a close eye on some of the other Dorpers to see if anyone else is ready to lamb.
Born 12/26/11

I bred the Shetland Sheep later this year than last, hopefully there will be grass by the time they are ready to lamb.  Angora goats are going to need to be watched closely since several of them are getting very rotund, hmmm, better get busy building / expanding / moving their pens.

Happy New Year to all.

8 comments:

  1. What a cutie; Merry Christmas to you!

    (Hee; my WV is miscle. His name must be Mistletoe!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice looking little guy! The weather sure has been wacky this winter, we have had a LOT of rain for us! Have fun with kidding season, it just seems like it shouldn't be here already!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhhh...what a cute little thing! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog!! I have tried to get to your blog before but never was able to find the link on your profile page to access anything. How weird is that? :-) So now I have found my way here and will follow your blog!!

    I love seeing all of your animals--I sure do miss the ones that we had to give up!!

    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty baby! Our weather here is really different from a few years back,global warming I guess. I am following your blog,you are welcome to follow mine as well,I will be visiting and leaving comments,hope you will also. Blessings Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful lamb, is the white marking on the head normal for Dorpers?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lambing and kidding is always such a special time of year. That little one looks like a real joy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, how precious! Give the little lamb a hug for me... farm babies are the best! *squeal*

    ReplyDelete