Monday, April 2, 2012

No Pictures

Well the sheep and goats were to be sheared yesterday ........... that WAS the plan.  Weatherman kept saying Saturday it was going to rain .....So put 7 sheep in the stock trailer, locked 8 yearlings inside their shed, Angoras were inside ok.  Saturday afternoon the wind came up, I went out to cover the trailer, no problem the wind helped get the tarp up over the trailer, went to tie it down, another gust of wind blew it completely over the top and down the other side, had to go back to square one and start again.  Finally got them covered all snug as a bug and staying dry.  Yesterday morning I decided the normal shearing spot was wet and not going to work so I took down portable pens and moved them into the carport, got half the Angoras in the pen ready for the shearer to get here about 2 o'clock, that WAS my plan, 4:30 he still was not here and still had many sheep to shear at another location.  So today everyone got sheared, 15 shetlands, 12 angoras, but there won't be any pictures because while I was tarping the trailer in the rain my camera was in my pocket and now it is not wanting to take any pictures.  Hope it starts working soon, I don't want to have to by a new camera.

BTW the calf has a new playmate, a dark brown, almost black bull calf ........................

5 comments:

  1. glad you finally got the shearing done! i bet those animals were good and ready by then!

    wonder if you could put the camera in a bowl of dry rice to pull out the moisture - supposed to work for cell phones...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fiasco! I'm glad the shearing finally got done! I hope you get your camera working. I had never heard that about the rice, gonna remember it! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you just hate those kinda days :-/.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, the best laid plans. It's so nice to have it over with, isn't it? My sheep are due for shearing the end of May, first week of June. I am going to try and finagle my shearer into relieving Apria of her felt-coat. He does seem to like a challenge. Hope your camera is okay - sometimes it just needs to sit in a warm dry spot for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh. Mother Nature foils plans again. At least the shearing did get done . . . although not in the exact way as planned. Good luck on the camera issue. (Where would we be without our good little cameras?)

    ReplyDelete