Friday, January 13, 2012

O.M.G ..... did you know ...................

Sometimes I search blogs looking for similar interests, like: Sheep, Goats, Border Collies, Thrift Stores or even location.  Well today I was searching on Location ............. and low and behold there is a very clear picture of a nude male, and his interests on his profile. 

I went looking for Google's policy and this is what I found.

This is copied from Google's Content Policy:

Adult Content: We do allow adult content on Blogger, including images or videos that contain nudity or sexual activity. But, please mark your blog as 'adult' in your Blogger settings. Otherwise, we may put it behind a 'mature content' interstitial.

Wonder how many teenager's search for someone with location being a criteria and stumble on this one's blog.  Anyone over 13 can have a blog account and I am quite sure there are some if their friends are blogging and they are not 13 yet they open their account anyway.

7 comments:

  1. I have not run across this yet, but there have been other blogs I quickly exited for other reasons. I don't want all the "powers that be" in the computer world to ever deduce I am wont to indulge in some of the things innocent on-line searches would have me go. It pays to be slow with the click, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you click the "Report Abuse" button at the top of the blog? I would have. I wonder about people, too much crazyness out there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ewwww! I'm glad I haven't run across stuff like that yet! I agree-click the "report abuse" button! I know I will if I run across something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have had to open the blog to click "Report Abuse", that's why I went looking for their policy and it clearly states that nudity and sexual activity are ok, even video. I did not see anywhere that it was meant for Adult only, but I feel like there was way TMI just in the little profile box info along with a very clear picture. No little grey/black pixels blocking any thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is just so not right? Wonder what the policies of other blog hosts are? It's a shame to have images stuck in our heads that we didn't want there in the first place. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! I wasn't questioning if it was not right!! It ISN"T right!! Finger hit the wrong key!! Sorry!!

      Delete
  6. If that's Google's policy, then the blogger would be at fault for not marking his content as adult only. I've unknowingly gone to visit adult only blogs, and have always gotten a warning page, so I know to not visit. Because of the blogger's neglect, I think this situation might fall under a valid use of "report abuse" so they know to put it behind their 'mature content' interstitial, whatever that is. You could cover your computer screen with something except for the very top, where the report abuse button is!

    ReplyDelete