Saturday, July 28, 2012

OK, I'm tired of Summer

I used to like summer evenings, sitting outside when it is still 70+ degrees outside, until last year when I found a 3 ft. long rattlesnake at 10 O'clock at night, under by recycle bin when I was throwing in the dog food cans.  It got away and went under the porch to the little house in back.  Not so wanting to sit outside so much this summer.  Everything is dry and brown or at least wilted.  Pasture is dry brittle brown grass, and it's still July, no chance of significant rain until maybe October ............... but still others have it worse than me, farmers that depend on rain to water their crops, cattleman that rely on grass to feed their livestock, other families having to deal with severe weather, so I will sit here and try not to whine and just wait for this fall / winter when everything turns green again, and there will be new lambs and baby goats.  In the meantime I will look at pictures that make me happy ..................................







5 comments:

  1. good attitude to have - especially when you can't do anything about the weather anyway. the rattlesnake, however? that would worry me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's awful knowing there is a Rattler around and you can't find it. Very unsettling, to say the least. I know about the constant vigil of watching for these snakes. It's an all summer chore. Please be careful.
    I understand the tiredness of summer. I'm ready for fall right now.
    It will come...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your picture is the perfect antidote to hot summer days, very pretty! The mosquitos in the evening are what keep me inside...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes snakes are scary! Thanks for visiting me and I just became your newest follower. Love the flowers. The flowers are gone here, but the grass is green. My yard used to be a hog farm so my grass always grows.lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's hard to find anything to like about this summer so far. It's too hot, it's too dry, there are too many bugs. But I am glad I don't have to worry about rattlers. As far as I know, that is. That is a lovely photograph - and it did make me feel cooler, LOL!

    ReplyDelete